3rd Annual Masquerade Bash
The third annual Masquerade Bash is the finale of the 2012 Alvernia University Literary Festival. Join faculty, staff, students and alumni in a celebration of the arts.
Dust off your old prom dress or wear that scary Halloween mask and enjoy an evening of festive food, costume contests, amazing prizes, ghostly entertainment and an Alumni VIP lounge. Costumes are optional.
This event is part of the 2012 Literary Festival.Start Date: 10/26/2012 7:00 pm
End Date: 10/26/2012 10:00 pm
Location: Crusader Cafe
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.