Undergraduate Admissions Information Session
Our Information Sessions are small group events and include a presentation from the Admissions Staff, a tour of campus, lunch in the Dining Hall and a chance to learn about the Admissions process, scholarships, filing the FAFSA, and much more. To register, please give us a call @ 610-796-8269 or 888-ALVERNIA or you can view available dates and REGISTER ONLINE HERE!Start Date: 3/30/2012 02:00 am
End Date: 3/30/2012 02:00 am
Location: Admissions Office, 2nd Floor of the Student Center
Sponsor: Undergraduate Admissions Office
Contact: For more information, please give us a call @ 610-796-8269 or 888-ALVERNIA or you can email us Admissions@Alvernia.edu
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.