Day Trip: Miami Heat @ Philadelphia 76ers
The NBA is back, and Alvernia will be there to see it! Catch LeBron, Dwyane and Chris as they head to Philly to take on the 76ers. Sign up for a chance to see this rematch from the 2011 Eastern Conference playoffs! Your reservation includes transportation to and from Philadelphia, your game ticket and refreshments for the return trip. The bus will leave the University from the Student Center at 3:30 pm and will leave Philadelphia after the game.Start Date: 3/16/2012 4:30 pm
End Date: 3/16/2012 11:00 pm
Location: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Price: $25 Students, $30 Faculty/Staff/Seniors College, $35 Guests
Sponsor: The Office of Student Activities
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.