Accepted Students Day
This day is for potential students who have applied and been accepted for the Fall 2012 semester. It gives students and families the opportunity to meet with Faculty, Staff, and current students to have any final questions anwered. Students will have the chance to attend a class, take a campus tour, take a tour of all of our Residence Hall options, and much more. To register, please give us a call @ 610-796-8269 or 888-ALVERNIA or you can SIGN UP ONLINE HERE!Start Date: 3/24/2012 10:00 am
End Date: 3/24/2012 4:00 pm
Location: Physical Education Center (PEC), Reading Campus
Sponsor: Undergraduate Admissions Office
Contact: For more information please call us @ 610-796-8269 or 888-ALVERNIA or email us Admissions@Alvernia.edu.
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.