Undergraduate Admissions Open House
Our Open Houses are designed to allow you to meet with representatives from Departments across campus. Take this opportunity to talk to our friendly and accessible faculty, tour our beautiful campus, learn about the admissions and financial aid process, and meet some of our students to hear about their Alvernia Experience.
To learn more about our Open Houses, please give us a call or you can use this link to Register online.Start Date: 10/15/2011 09:00 am
End Date: 10/15/2011 2:00 pm
Location: Physical Education Center (PEC), Reading Campus
Sponsor: Undergraduate Admissions Office
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Call us @ 610-796-8269 or 888-ALVERNIA
Or e-mail us for more information!
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.