Trolley Trip: West Reading Fall Fest
Experience Fall Festival on the Avenue in West Reading. Local food, artists and merchants will be on display in the streets of West Reading. Even better than all that...arrive in style as we take the trolley back and forth from West Reading. Pick ups at Alvernia are at 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm, and 4 pm. Pick ups in West Reading are at 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm, and 5 pm.Start Date: 9/17/2011 12:00 pm
End Date: 9/17/2011 5:00 pm
Location: Trolley departs from Student Center
Sponsor: The Office of Student Activities
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.