Day Trip: College Day on the Parkway
Bring your current college ID to Philly for FREE ADMISSION to some of Philadelphia's top museums. Your ID will gain you access to The Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Rodin Museum, Eastern State Penitentiary, The Free Library of Philadelphia, The Galleries at Moore College of Art & Design, The Franklin Institute, and the Academy of Natural Sciences. Your reservation on this trip includes transportation to and from Philadelphia and refreshments on the return trip.Start Date: 9/24/2011 09:00 am
End Date: 9/24/2011 4:00 pm
Location: Bus departs from Student Center
Price: $5 Students, $7 Faculty/Staff/Seniors College, $9 Guests
Sponsor: The Office of Student Activities
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.