Undergraduate Open House
Our Saturday Open Houses are designed to be flexible, allowing you to tailor your visit to your academic and extracurricular interests. Choose one or all of the following activities: meet with our friendly, accessible faculty, tour our well-maintained campus, talk with a coach about our competitive athletic programs, or discuss your financial aid options with one of our counselors. Our knowledgeable faculty and staff will be available to answer all of your questions. We hope to see you there!
Let us know you're coming—fill out an online reservation.Start Date: 11/13/2010 10:00 am
End Date: 11/13/2010 3:00 pm
Location: Physical Education Center
Sponsor: Office of Undergraduate Admissions
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-ALVERNIA
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.