Philadelphia Regional Alumni Event
Alumni in the Philadelphia area...
Please join fellow Alvernia alumni and friends for an evening of food and fun on us!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Happy Hour 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Dinner immediately following Happy Hour.
Downey's Irish Pub, 526 South Front St., Philadelphia, PA
Take the time to reconnect with old friends and enjoy an evening of good food, good drinks, and good company. We hope to see you there!
Kindly reply to firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-790-1946 by November 10 with your free entree selection. Choose from Sirloin of Beef, Penne Pasta, or Baked Salmon.
End Date: 11/17/2010 9:00 pm
Location: Downey's Irish Pub, 526 South Front St, Philadelphia
Sponsor: Office of Alumni Relations
Contact: Darlene Berk (email@example.com), 610-790-1946
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.