Non-Profit CEO Roundtable
The Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Holleran Center for Community Engagement at Alvernia University are partners in the Non-Profit CEO Roundtable 2010 for Executive Directors and Presidents in Greater Reading. All area non-profits are invited to participate in the forum, which consists of a series of four interactive and supportive peer-to-peer discussions.
The Non-Profit Roundtable is based on a successful model that the Chamber of Commerce currently offers for-profit executives; one that is conducive to brainstorming, sharing ideas, solving problems and networking. It centers on topics and needs as determined by the group related to the unique challenges and issues non-profit executives face every day.
Non-profit executives from all areas are welcome. If you want to build relationship with other non-profit executives and are seeking more opportunities to share ideas, challenges, successes and solutions with non-profits, the Non-Profit Roundtable is a worthwhile investment.Start Date: 11/10/2010 12:30 pm
End Date: 11/10/2010 2:30 pm
Location: Community Room, Upland Center, 540 Upland Avenue
Price: $150 (includes lunch for the four 2010 Non-Profit CEO Roundtables)
Sponsor: Holleran Center for Community Engagement and the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Contact: Please contact Michael Rivera, Assistant Vice President of Small Business Services at the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce and Industry at email@example.com or at 610-898-8385.
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.