Summer Information Session
We can tell you about the affordable, quality education Alvernia University provides−but there's no substitute for seeing it with your own eyes!
Spend the day on campus at one of our Summer Information Sessions.
During your visit, you can:
- Tour campus
- Get a feel for student life
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch
- Learn more about admissions and financial aid
- Talk with faculty, staff, and coaches
Reserve your spot by registering online or calling 1-888-ALVERNIA today. We look forward to meeting you in person!
Can't make this session? View more available dates.Start Date: 7/23/2010 10:30 am
End Date: 7/23/2010 3:15 pm
Location: Student Center
Sponsor: Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Contact: email@example.com or 1-888-ALVERNIA...or you can register online for the event!
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.