Alumni Day at Knoebels
Join us for this ever popular annual event!
Munchies and drinks will be available from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. in Pavillion L. Lunch includes: hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, macaroni salad, cole slaw, pickles, potato chips, coffee, ice tea, and soda. Additional packets of tickets are available now and on the day of the picnic. For more information on Knoebels, visit the website at http://www.knoebels.com. RSVP by July 2nd.Start Date: 7/10/2010 11:00 am
End Date: 7/10/2010 6:00 pm
Location: Knoebels-Elysburg, PA
Price: $15, including a picnic lunch and $10 of ride tickets
Sponsor: Office of Alumni Relations
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.