The Program Coordinator is appointed by the Provost, by March 15th; should not be a mentor to a Student Fellow to avoid conflict of interest. The Program Coordinator:
- Reviews schedule conflicts identified in applications to accommodate Student Fellows and Faculty Scholars schedules (as soon as applications are approved).
- Confirms and communicates summer schedule to Student Fellows and Faculty Scholars, ASAP (no later than April 15th).
- Determines topics of workshops in consultation with Faculty Scholars.
- Invites speakers for workshops.
- Provides meal for workshops.
- Tapes workshops. Makes tapes available. Media Suite is a resource.
- Meets with Student Fellows after workshops to go over research progress and any other issues/needs.
- Coordinates with Office of Provost: housing, award payment for Student Fellows and Faculty Scholars, reimbursement of expenses, gift for speakers.
- Reviews any Student Fellow budget request after Summer program starts.
- Collects Faculty Scholars mid-program and end of program reports.
- Prepares mid-program and end of program reports for Provost.
- Consults with Faculty Scholars and Student Fellows regarding any program issues.