How do I log in?
The student login conventions at the beginning of every semester are as follows:
User name and Password are the SAME:
first 4 letters of your last name (all in lower case) + last 6 digits of your student ID
e.g., If David Peterson's student ID is 000012345, his login is "pete012345".
Note: Your ID card may show 10 digits. In that case, exclude the last digit.
e.g., If Mary Smith's student ID is 0000012341, her login is "smit001234".
However, if a student's last name is fewer than 4 letters, then the login would take his or her entire last name plus the last 6 digits of his or her student ID.
e.g., John Doe, 000000562 --> doe000562
You should change your password after your initial successful login for the security of your Blackboard account. Follow these steps to change your password:
- Click on (your name) at the top right-hand side of the Blackboard course page
- At the bottom of the window, click on Settings
- On the Personal Information link
- Click on Change Password
- On the Change Password page, type a new password for the account. The password must contain no spaces
- Type the password again to ensure accuracy
- Click Submit
For login and access assistance, please contact Alvernia's 24/7 Service Desk:
Submit a Service Request
(ext. 2008 on campus)