Welcome to the Alvernia University Archives. This area serves as the institutional memory of the university and plays an integral role in the management of the institution’s information resources in all media and formats.
The mission of the Archives is to support the goals of Alvernia University by identifying, collecting, preserving, and making available university records, papers and other materials of enduring value from administrators, faculty, and students for the use of university staff, students, scholars, and the general public.
Included in this mission are seven core elements:
- To appraise, collect, organize, describe, make available, and preserve records of historical, legal, fiscal, and/or administrative value to the university.
- To provide adequate facilities for the retention and preservation of such records.
- To provide information services that will assist the operation of the university.
- To serve as a resource and laboratory to stimulate and nourish creative teaching and learning.
- To serve research and scholarship by making available and encouraging the use of its collections by members of the university and the community at large.
- To promote knowledge and understanding of the origins, aims, programs, and goals of the university, and of the development of these aims, goals, and programs.
- To facilitate efficient records management.
The University Archives are located at the 951 Morgantown Offices on the first floor. Please contact Sharon Neal, Library Director to schedule an appointment.