How to Apply:
School Nurse Certification - Post Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Along with your completed application accompanied by $50 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:
- Complete your paper application. While you wait for your transcripts to be processed, you can apply with our downloadable application. If you would like an application mailed to you, please email or call our Graduate Coordinator at 610-796-5187.
- Order your official transcript(s). Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned an appropriate baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. In accordance with certification requirements of the PA Department of Education, applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 for all prior undergraduate coursework. Transcripts from all institutions are required. Also, the following undergraduate credit hours are required for application for certification as an Educational Specialist I (certified school nurse) and may be completed concurrently with the school nurse required courses if not previously taken [transcripts will be evaluated and recommendations of outstanding coursework made prior to acceptance]:
- Six (6) semester credit hours (or the equivalent) of undergraduate mathematics
- Six (6) semester credit hours (or the equivalent) of undergraduate English
composition and British or American literature
- Three (3) semester credit hours (or the equivalent) of undergraduate or graduate
- Interview with nursing faculty member
- Photocopy of applicant’s current Registered Nurse License.