How to Apply:
Masters in Organizational Leadership (MOL)
Along with submitting your online application accompanied by $50 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates. Although Alvernia University uses a rolling admission process, which means that we are constantly accepting and reviewing applications, the MOL program enrolls a new cohort of students in the Fall semester only. For full consideration, we suggest completing your application by August 1. The MOL program hosts a mandatory new student orientation scheduled for the second Saturday of August.
- Complete your online application. While you wait for your transcripts to be processed, you can begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way. We strongly recommend using either Firefox or Chrome browsers when completing the online application. Please note if you have already submitted your application, you can check the progress of your application by logging onto Alvernia’s Self-Service Center.
- Order your official transcript(s). Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned an appropriate baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Transcripts from all institutions are required. A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all previous undergraduate and graduate work is required for full acceptance.
- Three professional or academic recommendations. Recommendations are accepted from employers, supervisors and professors familiar with the applicant’s professional experiences. Please note that the names and email addresses of recommenders are required to submit the online application.
- Personal Statement. One-page personal statement that summarizes the value of the program of graduate study for his/her personal and professional growth and development. May be uploaded in online application.
- Professional Resume. May be uploaded in online application. A minimum of 5 years professional experience is strongly recommended.
- Scores from a graduate entrance exam. Standardized test scores, specifically the GRE, are not required upon submission of your application. However, the Admissions Committee encourages submitting GRE test scores to strengthen your overall application.
- Interview with the MOL program coordinator. After all the required application materials have been received, an interview may be required. Applicants will be contacted if the MOL Coordinator/Committee requests a personal interview.