How to Apply:
Master of Arts in Leadership for Sustainable Communities
Along with your completed application accompanied by $50 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:
- Complete your online application. While you wait for your transcripts to be processed, you can begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way. We strongly recommend using either Firefox or Chrome browsers when completing the online application. Please note if you have already submitted your application, you can check the progress of your application by logging onto Alvernia’s Self-Service Center.
If you would like an application mailed to you, please email or call the appropriate
Graduate Coordinator at 1-888-ALVERNIA and choose: extension 6 for the Main
Campus or extension 7 for the Philadelphia Center.
- Order your official transcript(s). Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned an appropriate baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Transcripts from all institutions are required.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters are accepted from former professors, employers, or supervisors familiar with the applicant’s professional experiences, or from religious or community leaders.
- Personal Statement. One-page personal statement that summarizes the value of the program of graduate study for his/her personal and professional growth and development.
- Interview with the MALSC program coordinator. After all the required application materials have been received, each applicant will be contacted to arrange for a personal interview.
- Additional Evidence of potential for success. Items such as academic or professional awards, special certifications, samples of scholarly or creative work, and completion of specialized examinations. (not required, but encouraged)