Assistant Professor or Social Work
Field Education Coordinator
- Ph.D. in Human Development with specialization in Social Work from Marywood University, Scranton, PA - 2015
- MSW - Social Work, Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA - 2005
- BA - Bachelor of Social Work, Summa cum Laude, Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA - 2004
- Assistant Professor of Social Work Program - Alvernia University, 2015 - Present
- Field Education Coordinator - Alvernia University, 2012 - Present
- National Association of Social Workers
- Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors Council on Social Work Education
- Panelist at Alvernia University's 2011 community forum conference on poverty
- Featured speaker on stigma at Lehigh Valley Health Network's Annual 2011 Conference
- Featured speaker on selected mental health topics at Berks Women in Crisis 2011
- Co-presented at the 2013 Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors Conference on "Student self-efficacy in social work field placments"
- Presented at the 2014 Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors Conference on "The impact of asynchronous computer-mediated communication on social work education"
- Presented at the 2014 Association of Franciscan Colleges and Universities annual conference on "Implementing Franciscan Core Values in the Classroom through Social Bookmarking"
- Co-presented at the 2015 Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors Conference on "Sahayogi Connections"
- Presented at the 2015 Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors Conference on "Taking research into the community: A healthcare needs assessment with BSW students"
John's clinical background is mainly in the field of mental health. His research interests include the use of social media in social work practice, including his dissertation, "Factors the Influence Web 2.0 Usage Among Social Work Faculty: A Quantitative Study."