Peggy C. Bowen, Ph.D., C.T.S.
Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
- Ph.D., Texas A&M University, Educational Psychology, 1979
- M.S., Texas A&M University, Sociology, 1975
- B.S., Texas A&M University, Psychology, 1971
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Oklahoma
- Certified Trauma Specialist
- Certified Instructor, Pennsylvania Municipal Police Officer’s Education and Training Commission
- Federal Emergency Management Agency Professional Development Certification
- National Institute of Health Review Board Member Certification
Chair, Alvernia University, Institutional Review Board
Courses Taught at Alvernia University
- CJ 216 Women and the Criminal Justice System
- CJ 218 Multicultural Issues in Criminal Justice
- CJ 221 Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- CJ 309 White Collar Crime
- CJ 377 Juvenile Justice System
- CJ 390 ST: Criminal Profiling
- CJ 390 ST: Forensic Psychology
- CJ 403: Senior Seminar in Criminal Justice
- PSY 101 Introductory Psychology, Honors
- PSY 430 Forensic Psychology
- Stress in Criminal Justice Professionals
- Bowen, P.C. (2008). Tribal Policing. [Review of the book Tribal policing: Asserting sovereignty, seeking justice]. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies and Management. September, 31, 3.
- Bowen, P.C. (2005). Background checks. In P.B. Gerstenfeld, Criminal justice (pp. 60-61). Pasadena, CA: Salem Press.
Other Scholarly Works
- Bowen, P.C. (2007).An investigator’s manual for the Alvernia College Institutional Review Board. Reading, PA: Alvernia College.
- Consultant and quoted in Law Enforcement Contact with Native Americans chapter. (2006). Shusta, R.M., Levine, D.R., Wong, H.Z., & Harris, P.R. (2007). Multicultural law enforcement: Strategies for peacekeeping in a diverse society (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Association of University Professors
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
- Northeastern Association of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Justice Educators
- Presentations at international, national, state, regional, and local venues.
- American Red Cross Mental Health Specialist
- Route 222 Gang Prevention Initiative Steering Committee—City of Reading
- Public Safety Advisory Committee—City of Reading
- The 222 Corridor Anti-Gang Initiative
Peggy C. Bowen-Hartung, Ph.D., C.T.S.
Psychology & Counseling Department Chair
Upland Center, Room 126c