Alvernia has an active Criminal Justice Association as a local chapter -Alpha Chi Sigma of the National Criminal Justice Association -Lambda Alpha Epsilon. Membership is open to all criminal justice majors. Dues are paid only once in the student's career and is priced incrementally for new students. New students who pay their dues at the first CJA meeting receive a free t-shirt.
Alpha Phi Sigma is the National Criminal Justice Honor Society and the Saint Thomas More Honor Society is the local honor society of the Criminal Justice Department and is by invitation only to all main campus criminal justice majors who meet the membership criteria.
- Must be a Criminal Justice major.
- Must be an active member of the Criminal Justice Association.
- Must have attained junior status academically at time of application.
- Must have completed 15 credits in Criminal Justice at Alvernia University at the time of application.
- Must have a 3.2 Grade Point Average in their major and a 3.2 overall GPA at the time of application.
- Must attend the banquet in all years of eligibility.
- Must attend Awards Ceremony to receive the medallion.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the life of Saint Thomas More as a model and patron for Criminal Justice majors.
- Must make one time dues payment at the time of application. ($50.00 National/$40.00 Local)
Edgar J. Hartung, M.A. JD
Criminal Justice Department Chair
Bernardine Hall, Room 1018D