Deliver business curricula that are consistent with the Franciscan tradition.
- Embed an awareness of and preparation for being an engaged citizen in our students.
- Utilize capstone courses in each major to evaluate decisions in a manner consistent with Alvernia University’s mission.
Investigate program opportunities and related resource allocations to ensure continued enrollment and retention of high quality students.
- Utilize opportunity grants to evaluate new majors or program enhancements.
- Ensure that Alvernia business programs continue to be a place of opportunity that encourages professional and personal growth through academic and non-academic programming that promotes achievement.
- Encourage the continuation of business department travel abroad opportunities.
Provide an enriching co-curricular environment for students through business clubs and activities.
- Encourage early membership in business clubs and business department activities.
- Identify and implement a common business course where club activities and benefits are discussed with business students.
Attract and retain quality faculty by promoting excellence in teaching, research and service.
- Encourage business professors to take an active role in their profession through membership in professional organizations.
- Encourage business professors to practice their profession so that experiential examples can better inform teaching.
- Encourage faculty to accept service in the community where their talents benefit the organization in a positive manner.
- Encourage research through supporting faculty excellence grants so that faculty can continue to pursue their research interests.
Enhance collaboration and engagement between the business community, government and not-for-profit communities and the business department.
- Formalize the business department’s relationships with community organizations to ensure service related projects that can benefit the region.
- Formalize relationships with community agencies to improve the community through increased efficient operations.
- Formalize relationships with not-for-profit organizations that can benefit from business specific support.