Why get a MSOT degree?
Professional practice in Occupational Therapy gives you the opportunity to find a career niche that capitalizes on your passions, talents, and interests. In this dynamic profession, you will be able to:
- Combine your diverse interests in psychology, art, exercise, nutrition, or wellness in a respected health field that embraces a holistic perspective
- Leverage your creativity, people skills, and solid understanding of medical issues to help others live meaningful lives
Improve the Lives of Others
Today's occupational therapists are a catalyst for powerful positive change for those with or without disability. As an OT professional, you could use a variety of innovative activities to:
- Assist children with developmental delays experience the joy of success in play, self-care, and social interactions
- Help accident victims reclaim their lives after serious injuries
- Support the elderly transition from dysfunction and despair to better functioning and renewed enthusiasm for living
- Inspire at-risk youth to develop skills for productive living
- Promote health and well-being in homeless shelters, private practices, and executive centers
- Create positive changes in under-served neighborhoods and populations by helping people build healthy communities
- Design functional products for companies
Furthermore, earning a master's degree fulfills the requirements that allows you to sit for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) examination.