David Silbey, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of History, Humanities Department
- B.A. in History, Cornell University
- M.A. in History, Duke University
- Ph.D. in History, Duke University
- Nationalism in Modern Europe
- Industrialized Mass War from 1861 to 1945
- Guerrilla/Asymmetrical/Protracted War
- David Silbey, A War of Empire and Frontier: The Philippine-American War, 1899-1902 (New York: Hill and Wang, 2007)
- David Silbey, The British Working Class and Enthusiasm for Warfare, 1914-1916 (New York, Taylor & Francis, 2005).
- Timothy Dowling, ed., Personal Perspectives on World War I (San Francisco: ABC-Clio, 2005). (Chapter on Indian soldiers at war)
- Timothy Dowling, ed., Personal Perspectives on World War II (San Francisco: ABC-Clio, 2005). (Chapter on Japanese-American soldiers at war)
- History 121, The Study of European History
- Upper Level History Courses (290 & 349)
- Spring 2004: Field Trip to Battleship New Jersey in Camden, NJ
- Summer 2003: Britain, Belgium, France
- Military History: Top 100
- The Internet Research Library for History (courtesy of the Alvernia Library)
- Library History Research Guide
Honor to those who in the life they lead
define and guard a Thermopylae.
~Constantine P. Cavafy
Associate Professor of History
Francis Hall 223