Certificates of Insurance
Businesses, including Alvernia, often require a certificate of insurance (COI) when outsiders use their facilities or borrow equipment. A COI provides proof of insurance coverage in case there is damage to the facility or equipment and the user is liable as part of a contract, purchase order, or other agreement.
Current certificates of liability insurance – Can be found in the “S:\Business Office\Insurance Certificates & Info” folders:
- 2013-2014 Certificates – This folder contains the certificates issued by Alvernia to its various business associates. The reoccurring certificates are saved alphabetically under CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE 2013-2014. Note: If you print a certificate from this document, please be careful to only print the one (1) copy you need and not the entire 100+ page document.
- Vendors & Contractors - Certificates of Insurance – This folder contains certificates issued to Alvernia from its contractors and vendors.
New certificates of insurance can be requested one of two ways:
- Submit a request online through the Willis Certificate Portal at http://certs.willis.com. To obtain portal access, contact the Procurement and Risk Management Office to get a username, password, and instructions; or,
- Complete a Certificate of Insurance Request form (located in the “S:\Business Office\Insurance Certificates & Info” folder) and email it to email@example.com.
Instructions for completing the request form:
- Account Name = Alvernia University
- Requestor Name = fill in your name
- Requestor Telephone = your number
- Required by = date certificate is needed
- This Request has __ additional pages = specify number of additional pages, if any
Certificates of Insurance – Certificate Holder Information
- Name Insured = Alvernia University
- Certificate Holder = Name of the business requiring the certificate
- Address = address of the certificate holder
- Attention = Contact person’s name
- Required Coverages = check applicable coverages
- Additional Terms and Conditions = check if applicable
- Handling Instructions = specify how certificate is to be transmitted.
For assistance, contact Denise Heck at 610-796-8338 or firstname.lastname@example.org. COIs are typically issued within four business days, but please call if a faster response is needed.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
400 Saint Bernardine Street
Reading, PA 19607
951 Morgantown Road, 2nd floor
Reading, PA 19607
Carol Munn, CRM, C.P.M.
Director of Procurement & Risk Management
Procurement / Accounting